The PY Accounting program, which is also known as Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting (SMIPA) is developed by CPA, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia and the Institute of Public Accountants. Professional Year Accounting Program in Australia is accredited by DIBP (Department of Immigration and Border Protection) and it is specially designed for International students who have completed their degrees (minimum 2 years) from Australian University. Accounting PY Program in Australia, aims at professional development of the candidates in their chosen career field by giving them practical training through classroom-based training sessions and industrial placement (internship).
Successful completion of SMIPA helps students in finding right job that fits with their skills and expertise. It’s a 44 weeks training program in which 32 weeks are intended for classroom based training sessions and remaining 12 weeks are meant for industrial exposure i.e. internship.
This is entirely a job oriented program that teaches you how to communicate at workplace and how to use your knowledge in a practical manner to perform various job responsibilities.
- Candidate should possess an undergraduate or postgraduate degree (minimum 2 years) from Australian University in Accounting.
- Candidate should have or applied for Temporary Graduate visa (485) having at least 12 months validity.
- Candidate holds an eligible Visa with 12 months validity and legal rights to work as well as study in Australia.
- Candidate should score 6 bands in each module of either IELTS or PTE.
- Candidate should have letter confirming provisional Skill Assessment in Accounting.